“Meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”
That is a broad definition of what sustainability is.
We must agree that the future generation also has the right to be able to utilize natural resources and energy.
But what will happen if the natural resource already damaged?
We need to do some actions to avoid more severe damage. It is our responsibility to ensure that the needs and interest of present and future generations are fully safeguarded.
Sustainability means preserving or maintaining resources and energy over the long term rather than insourcing them quickly to meet short time needs or goals.
To be involved in pursuing sustainability, some efforts that we can do:
- Using wood from the trees that correctly and legally harvested
- Planting trees as replacement of wood we used
- Using recycled wood
- Utilizing waste of wood to gain product diversification
- Using Eco-friendly finishing material
- Conducting correct management of industrial waste